Alpine SWR-T12 12″ Thin Subwoofer
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
- Warranty & Returns
Alpine’s Type-R Thin Subwoofers have been engineered to offer greater installation flexibility. At only 89mm deep the SWR-T12 provides deep bass performance where traditional subwoofers just can’t fit.
Boasting several unique Alpine technologues in its industry-first design, these innovations allow the Type-R Thin to have the output and power handling of the traditional Type-R series in less that half the depth. An all-new FEA Optimised motor structure and HAMR surround give the new Type-R Thin subwoofers the highest X-max and SPL output in their class. Alpine’s patent pending Pass-Through Gap Geometry, allows the unique Thermoplastic Elastomer Segmented Spider to completely pass through the motor structure. This means the cone and voice coil assembly have the clearance needed for over 50mm of peak-to-peak excursion, allowing for massive output even in such a shallow frame.
The new Type-R Thin design has the same DNA of the standard Type-R subs – demanding cleaner, deeper bass extension, faster, more accurate transients and even greater output capability.
- Material: Aluminum
- Design: Structural Parabolic w/ Force Transfer Assembly
- Material: Injected Molded Santoprene
- Design: FEA-Optimized High Amplitude Mutli-Roll (H.A.M.R.) (Patent Pending)
- Material: Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE)
- Design: Co-Molded Regressive w/ Integrated Tinsel Leads
- Material: 220C Edge-Wound Copper Ribbon Wire
- Design: Oversized 100mm (4”) Underhung Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: FEA-Optimized Dual Compound Radius Curve w/ Pass Through Gap Design (Patent #6,639,993, 2 Patents Pending)
- Configuration: Radial Vented VC Heat Sink & Shorting Sleeve w/ Airflow Management System (Patent 7,634,101)
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Design: Direct-Couple Shorting Sleeve/Heatsink and Frame Design
- Layout: One Side
- Design: Heavy Duty Gold-Plated Insert Block Terminals
- Design: Woven Spider Integration Design
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System (US Patent #7,760,900)